Top ideas to keep your fitness and health on track this year!!
By Gwen Lawrence
More and more on the TV we see stories of incredible weight loss and overcoming insurmountable struggles. The debut of the great new shows highlighting success stories are always inspiring. Oprah debuting a new body again and end to her struggles. While she may share some of her secrets to a slimmer silhouette I want to share a few ideas you can introduce to your busy life to maintain and get slimmer and more important healthier.
Look at this list and choose 4-5 things to institute each week, change them, try them all and be open. I formulated this list to be doable for all people all levels and most everything is free to do. In time, over the next few months you will understand your strengths and weaknesses and be able to formulate a list that you can stick with to succeed, perhaps you may even adapt them all!
- Set your goals be kind to yourself, be realistic and be specific
- For each goal write 5 things you can do each week to achieve it
- Don’t know yoga? Intimidated to join a class try 10-30 sun salutations in the comfort of your own home, 2-4 times a day, put on your favorite song
- Walk your beloved canine each day longer than the last day the miles will pile up and the pounds will melt off
- Do 15 lunges on each leg everyday before you put your favorite show on at night, tone and strengthen your legs while supporting your back
- Check out the Tibetan rites on gwen lawrence yoga, you tube channel, an amazing time tested proven way to align your body on the inside tone on the outside and beat aging all at once, do them everyday it takes 10 minutes
- Before each meal do 20 squats right in the kitchen
- Before you eat drink 8 ounces of water
- Before your shower do 2 minutes of crunches or 25
- Allow one complete cheat day per week
- Try my at home free 30 day yoga challenge feel the difference on my blog at gwenlawrence.com
- Try a new smoothie recipe each week
- Look in Body Sculpting with Yoga for ideas for new routines short and long
- Use apps to track eating and exercise; start being responsible for what you eat!
- Eat more veggies eat day 4-6 SERVINGS
- Eat more protein, half your body weight in ounces per day
- No more than 24 grams of sugar in 24 hours
- 2 days a week NO refined sugar at all, eventually 7 days a week
- Eliminate all white foods
- Give yourself a 12 hour fast per 24 hour day IE: no eating 7pm to 7am
- Drink water, enough that your urine stream is almost clear
- Get adequate sleep
- 3 minutes of jumping jacks everyday
- Find time to be quiet, or meditate
- Get a workout buddy to keep you on track
Remember, do not tackle this list all at once pick and choose and design each week to be an adventure in health and fitness. Tweet me ideas you have and how the list is working at @gwenlawrence.
Want more ideas, go to my You Tube channel Gwen Lawrence Yoga for FREE full-length yoga videos to do at home, and subscribe so you now when I post new routines and strategies all year. No excuses not stay fit and reach your goals.
Good luck stay inspired to be great…Gwen
Gwen Lawrence is an internationally known yoga teacher/coach, author, TV personality known for her approachability, humor and ability
“I transform lives from good to great, helping my clients reach their highest potential, using my 6 power yoga for sports philosophy’s to Attain fitness, find Balance, Create goals, and Define personal happiness in work, school, family and life the way only an intuitive Yogi and seasoned MOM can”
a lifelong New Yorker, dancer, and creator.
With over two decades of yoga teaching experience, she is a regular contributor to ESPNW.com and many major magazines. Owner of her own school and creator/founder of Power Yoga for Sports System, nearly 20 years teaching professional athletes. writer of Body Sculpting with Yoga, and 10 DVD’s. Gwen has a lot of passion for helping Veterans, her newest book Tactical Mobility was a heart centered project aimed to help. Visit Gwenlawrence.com for blog posts, schedules info and follow her on Facebook, Twitter, instagram and YOU TUBE.
new year new fitness goals!